Mission, Vision and Purpose
Equipping families to heal the nations.
Restoring, training, mobilising and multiplying family therapists to serve God for the healing and enrichment of the family in Australia and the nations of the world.
The principle purpose of AIFC is to provide education in counselling and family therapy in view of the healing and enrichment of the family as the basic unit of society in Australia and elswhere.
1. The purpose of the Australian Institute of Family Counselling (AIFC) is also to implement the vision through excellence in Christian family counselling training in Australia and other nations.
2. Its purpose is to obey the command of Jesus Christ to “Go and make disciples of all the nations” (Matthew 28:19).
3. Its purpose involves both prevention and therapy. Prevention means demonstrating and teaching the principles of healthy marriage and family life, before breakdown occurs. Family therapy occurs when breakdown has occurred and involves teaching on family systems – on how families operate – the functional and the dysfunctional; specialised training in counselling and family therapy, in view of the restoration and reconciliation of broken and hurting individuals and families.
4. Its purpose also is to offer professional counselling training at a minimal cost to the Christian community.
5. The accredited training is based on middle-of-the-road, mainstream counselling drawing from theological, psychological and spiritual perspectives.
6. Its purpose is to multiply the vision throughout Australia and to other nations, and to make it available to the poor and disadvantaged peoples of the world.