Vocational Graduate Certificate in Counselling and Family Therapy (Christian) (80886ACT) Year Three
The third year Vocational Graduate Certificate in Counselling and Family Therapy (Christian) (80886ACT), a post-graduate qualification, is entirely a practical year. There are no classroom activities, tutorial groups, home groups, or written assignments like those in years one and
two. Students are required to complete 200 hours of counselling/therapy sessions and 50 supervision sessions. Some written reports, especially of therapy sessions, are required. The therapy sessions are best conducted in a counselling clinic and a fee may be
charged to offset the cost of supervision.
Students are required to complete all the units in years one and two as a prerequisite to commencing year three.
To receive the Vocational Graduate Certificate, students must satisfactorily complete in not more than three years the following five units.
The VGC meets the basic training requirements of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) and enables counsellors to
become graduate members of the Christian Counselling Association of Australia (CCAA).
- AIFC 801A Extend Counselling Capability through Professional Development
- AIFC 802A Develop and Maintain Referral and Support Networks through Clinical Supervision
- AIFC 803A Enhance Counselling Proficiency through Clinical Supervision
- AIFC 804A Integrate Counselling Enhancements into the Counselling and Family Therapy Models
- AIFC 890A Enhanced Counselling and Family Therapy Practicum