Advanced Diploma of Counselling
and Family Therapy (Christian)
10487NAT Advanced Diploma of Counselling and Family Therapy (Christian)
aifc’s 10487NAT Advanced Diploma of Counselling and Family Therapy (Christian) deepens and widens the work already completed in the Diploma and leads into over 20 hours of direct one-on-one counselling, where essential skills in listening, empathy and building trusting relationships are taught and assessed. You will begin your outward focussed journey in counselling exploring a number of elective units to suit your personal circumstances and calling.
The fields of individual therapy, family therapy, stress management, case management, grief and addictions are explored and assessed in practical and easy to understand ways, whilst being incorporated into the aifc Family Therapy Model.
Upon completion of your Advanced Diploma, you will have completed the required 17 industry units (including the units completed in your Diploma) which makes you eligible to receive the CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling.
10487NAT Advanced Diploma of Counselling and Family Therapy (Christian) is delivered through the following programs:
This program requires full-time students to spend 11 days a year at the study centre. That is, you attend 2×3 day intensives and 2×2 day intensives, with one final day at the end of your course. In between seminars you will complete your work mainly via correspondence. This approach to studying allows you to study from wherever you are, with easy access to your trainers and assessors, who will guide you through your course.
Our Distance-based Program is ideal for students who cannot get to their nearest centre, due to distance, or work/family commitments.
Both full-time and part-time options are available within this program. You will be assigned a specialised distance-based assessor, who will guide and support you during your training journey. You may have the opportunity to live stream seminars from our training centres, or view the training videos to watch at a time that suits you. Through the use of online methods such as Skype and our Online Learning Management System, there is no requirement for you to attend a seminar in person.
You will require
– Access to a computer with a web cam and a secure, reliable internet connection
– Basic computer and word processing skills
– Good written and spoken English (for our English program)
Students seeking entry to this qualification must demonstrate the following essential entry requirements:
- 10486NAT Diploma of Counselling (Christian) or equivalent. This qualification provides the essential knowledge and skills required by entrants, including those specifically related to the application of the AIFC General Counselling Model.
- Proof of clearance to Work with Children
Recommended entry requirements:
- It is recommended that candidates have sufficient relevant work experience to indicate likely success at this level of qualification in a job role involving:
- The self-directed application of knowledge with substantial depth in some areas
- The exercise of independent judgement and decision-making
- The application of relevant technical and other skills.
- It is recommended students be assessed for entry against the course Admission requirements outlined in section 1.1 of the Psychotherapist and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) Training Standards (2104)
As the course is designed to train Christians, it is advantageous for students to have a genuine commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith. Entry is open to participants regardless of gender, race or Christian denomination.
The Advanced Diploma of Counselling and Family Therapy (Christian) is delivered at the following locations through the seminar-based program:
The Sydney location also offers Korean Language Support
|Delivery Option||Course Fee||VET Student Loan available||Min. Supplementary Payment||Resource Fee||Total Fee|
Resource fees are invoiced on a term basis. For a detailed breakdown of the fees, please click here.