Diploma of Counselling (Christian)
10486NAT Diploma of Counselling (Christian)
aifc’s 10486NAT Diploma of Counsellling (Christian) is a foundational training year that equips you with effective people helping skills. The training you will receive during the course forms an essential foundation for further counselling training. You will be exposed to theological, psychological and spiritual approaches to counselling. A second main thrust of the training is to cultivate and grow in your own discipleship journey.
It covers topics such as Christian discipleship, legal and ethical issues in counselling, biblical interpretation, practical counselling skills, Christian restoration and reconciliation, working with cultural diversity, cognitive behaviour therapy, and common psychopathologies including depression and anxiety.
10486NAT Diploma of Counselling (Christian) is delivered through the following programs:
This program requires full-time students to spend 11 days a year at the study centre. That is, you attend 2×3 day intensives and 2×2 day intensives and one final day at the end of your course. In between seminars you will complete your work mainly via correspondence. This approach to studying allows you to study from wherever you are, with easy access to your trainers and assessors, who will guide you through your course.
Our Distance-based Program is ideal for students who cannot get to their nearest centre, due to distance, or work/family commitments.
Both full-time and part-time options are available within this program. You will be assigned a specialised distance-based assessor, who will guide and support you during your training journey. You may have the opportunity to live stream seminars from our training centres, or view the training videos to watch at a time that suits you. Through the use of online methods such as Skype and our Online Learning Management System, there is no requirement for you to attend a seminar in person. Our Distance-based Program is currently available in English but support is provided with bi-lingual tutors.
You will require
– Access to a computer with a web cam and a secure, reliable internet connection
– Basic computer and word processing skills
– Good written and spoken English (for our English program)
- Essential entry requirements are a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or equivalent, or Mature Age (over 18 years and employment/life experience).
- As the course is designed to train Christians, it is advantageous for students to have a genuine commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith.
- It is recommended that candidates have sufficient relevant work experience to indicate likely success at this level of qualification in a job role involving:
- The self-directed application of knowledge with substantial depth in some areas
- The exercise of independent judgement and decision-making
- The application of relevant technical and other skills.
- Entry is open to participants regardless of gender, race or Christian denomination.
For students applying to study Diploma through VET FEE-HELP:
- For entry into Diploma via VET FEE-HELP assistance you are required to provide evidence of completion of a minimum of year 12 or Certificate IV and above.
- If unable to provide sufficient evidence you may be asked to complete a LLN (language, literacy and numeracy) test and achieve a minimum of ‘working at level 4 / exit level 3’ in the Reading and Numeracy tests.
NOTE: Students must provide proof of clearance to Work with Children within the first 25% of completion of the course. Clearance requirements differ between states and territories. For example Victoria (Working With Children check); Queensland (Blue Card); South Australia (Criminal History Check).
A Language Literacy and Numeracy Assessment must be completed by all students at enrolment.
The Diploma of Counselling (Christian) is delivered at the following locations through the seminar-based program:
The Sydney location also offers Korean Language Support
|Delivery Option||Course Fee||VET Student Loan available||Min. Supplementary Payment||Resource Fee||Total Fee|
Resource fees are invoiced on a term basis. For a detailed breakdown of the fees, please click here.
About Our Courses
Founded in 1992, aifc’s courses were created out of a growing need for counselling training with a Christian perspective. Almost 25 years on, aifc is the leader in the field. All our Christian counselling courses are:
Our courses integrate Theology, Psychology and Spirituality. We train and equip Christian counsellors, rather than Christians who do counselling.
Taught by professionals
Our trainers and assessors are all experts in their field. High quality training, combined with one-on-one access to lecturers makes the difference.
Full-time students spend just 13 days a year at their study centre. Study fits into your lifestlye. We also offer a distance-based program, so you can study anytime, anywhere.
VET Student Loans
We are one of the most affordable counselling and training organisations in the country. VET Student Loans, VET FEE-HELP and Austudy/Abstudy is available to eligble students.
All our courses are nationally recognised. In fact aifc is the only Christian counselling vocational education institution to be accredited by ACA, PACFA and is a member of ACPET.