VET FEE-HELP and VET Student Loans
What are VET Student Loans
What is VET FEE-HELP
VET FEE-HELP is available to assist eligible students studying higher level vocational education and training (VET) qualifications to pay their tuition fees. Higher level VET qualifications include all diploma courses and above. VET FEE‑HELP can be used to pay all or part of an eligible student’s tuition fees, but cannot be used for additional study costs such as accommodation or text books.
Visit the VET FEE-HELP website to find out more.
Important changes for students accessing VET FEE-HELP
Students will need to provide aifc with a copy of their Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (year 12 certificate) or display a required level of competence in both reading and numeracy. If you have not completed year 12 or equivalent but have completed a Cert IV or above you will need to provide us with appropriate documentation as evidence. If you have neither year 12 nor Cert IV and above you will be required to complete an online assessment to provide an analysis of your literacy and numeracy level prior to the commencement of the aifc course.
The assessment will be conducted online through an approved assessment tool. The cost for the assessment will be $20. Once payment has been made, aifc will email you login details for the assessment to be completed. The assessment should take approximately 1 hour to complete and will form part of your application process with aifc.
Our students are our priority so please do not hesitate to call us to discuss it further as we are here to help you.
For more information about the assessment tools and requirements please click here.
Click Here to download the VET FEE-HELP Information Booklet – 2016
Click Here to download the VET FEE-HELP Information Brochure– 2016
Click Here to download the VET FEE-HELP Refund and Withdrawal Policy
VET FEE-HELP schedule of fees 2017
Who is eligible?
- are an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder (resident in Australia for the duration of the unit) or a New Zealand citizen with a Special Category Visa; AND
- have not exceeded the FEE‑HELP limit (see below); AND
- are enrolled with aifc in an eligible unit of study by the census date for that unit.
For more information regarding eligibility requirements, read the VET FEE‑HELP Information booklet, available on the publications page.
For more information click here
How to apply
- Read through the 2015 VET FEE-HELP Booklet.
- Contact aifc to request a “VET FEE-HELP assistance form”. By signing and submitting the form you are declaring that you have read the booklet and are aware of your obligations under VET FEE-HELP.
- Return your completed “VET FEE-HELP assistance form” to the aifc National Office BEFORE the census date of the term of study.
- For further information on VET FEE-HELP visit their website.